Re: overheating 2121 (part 4 of 4)

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: overheating 2121 (part 4 of 4)
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 10:42:42 -0400
At 09:04 AM 8/31/2008, you wrote:

 >I have not checked with a CO-tester but when the engine runs and
you open the
 >reservoir you can see grey smog coming out of it!  It smells like
gas from the
 >exhaust. Could it be something else??
 >The pressure on the cooling system seems to be so high, that the radiator
 >starts to leak. (it hasn't done this several weeks before)
 >I will check the rest next weekend, hopefully!!

Sven,

Before you spend any money on the car, I'd do a compression check.
Does it over heat very quickly, say in 5 min. or less?  Do you have to be
driving it, or will it do it at idle.

Have you don't a compression check before?

Sounds like you have a blown head gasket.

I'm attaching a draft of an article I'm working on based on your's and others
problems lately about the cooling system and over heating.  This

John

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pdf which had a name of
coolingsystem-1.pdf]
Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229