Re: overheating 2121

To: "Breton48" <breton48@cox.net>, <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: overheating 2121
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 11:04:11 -0500
I tried an electric fan on my car wanting to get the advantages of more
horsepower.  So  I removed the clutch fan and installed the electric.  It
just did not have the air flow the original did.  Now I had this installed
as a puller, it may be different as a pusher.  I also installed the full
firewall weatherstrip.  Terry indicates it was designed to be there and the
less heat heading towards the vent intakes is a good thing I believe.  I did
remove the hood stoops on the firewal and it does seal.  I have heard that
the hood actually making contact with the weatherstrip was always an issue
and would affect how the engine was designed to cool. So it will be
interesting what you find out.  I would be curious of the air flow
differences if that can be measured.

Greg 0036