Re: door alignment

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: door alignment
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 08:47:20 -0400
At 01:30 AM 8/9/2008, Alchemy wrote:

 >As far as I can tell- no added support to the door (air powered) When I
 >said able to see daylight, that be slightly misleading... when I sat in the
 >car I had my wife shine a high powered flashlight into the door joint, some
 >spots light was visible.
 >Anyway- I just checked over the drivers door:
 >roof-  front up  1/8" rear dipped 1/8" (appx)
 >fender - below crease is flush, above recessed 1/4" (appx)
 >pillar- recessed 1/4" (appx)

 >so it is looking like it has in fact sagged and is  tweaked. passenger door
 >is flush the whole way around, no issues at all with it.

 >The question is how do I go about correcting this problem? Any "how to"
 >floating around on this?

Scott,

Yes there are some how to's floating around.  There have been several articles
written for the club's magazine.  You can purchase back issues of the magazine
from the club.  It's not a job for the faint at hart!  There is a lot
of black magic
in fitting the doors.  Some of the info. can be told to you, some of
it is trial
and error, an expert feel.

If the doors were have been rebuilt, you won't see the additional
reinforcements.
The are located under the door skin on the inside of the door frame.  Again
several pieces about this in the forumn and in the magazine.

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229