My experience w/ TT (part 4 of 5)

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: My experience w/ TT (part 4 of 5)
From: "Early, Stephen" <stephen.early@fiacardservices.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 09:55:01 -0400
Aftermath

=======

Once home I began cranking the windows up and down to try and loosen
them.  The driver's window quickly popped out of the U channel where it
was glued.  I took the door panels off to try and loosen up the windows
and fix the driver's window.

Since I did not have Terry paint the new panels (his paint work was very
expensive), Terry had put the body side molding in the back of the car.
When I went to reinstall it after I had the new panels painted, I found
a piece was missing.

I called the shop multiple times to discuss the window problem and the
missing molding.  I spoke to both John and Terry.  John said they could
ship the molding right away since they had plenty in stock.  Terry also
agreed to send the molding.  It never arrived and eventually, they
stopped answering the phone or returning my calls.  I bought the molding
from the Bricklin Boyz.  They were great to deal with and when the first
shipment was the wrong piece, sent me the correct one free and did not
ask for the old one back.

John and Terry both coached me on repairing the window.  They had laid a
piece of woven cloth in the U channel prior to gluing the window in with
epoxy.  Essentially, this prevented the epoxy from bonding to the U
channel.  When the window popped out, the cloth was firmly attached to
the window with epoxy, but nothing was securing the cloth to the U
channel.  I was told to remove the cloth and epoxy the window back in to
the U channel.  I asked them to send me the epoxy but they would not.
They told me buy it locally at a price of $80.

Continued....

Stephen I. Early
Card Services Technology
Bank of America Corporation