Re:computer backups

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:computer backups
From: "High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 04:20:23 -0500
Just a couple of notes, You should keep the remote drive unplugged from the
machine, that way if there is a power surge that kills your computer it
won't kill the back up as well. You should also consider doing a drive
image, that is a complete  Image or copy of the drive that can be restored
and run. That way if you have  drive failure you can restore the image, to a
new drive, windows will be as it was on the old drive, all set up and ready
to run. IF you do a good clean image once or twice a year. that way the most
you have to take off your back ups is a few months of data. I'm guilty of
not running an image often enough but I do have a redundant backup if my PC
on my laptop.