Re: Crash Test...(the hard way)!

To: Les Huckins <jhuckins@cybersurfers.net>
Subject: Re: Crash Test...(the hard way)!
From: John Martin <jwmartin37@tstonramp.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 08:15:57 -0800
Team,

I have known Les Huckins ever since the Delorean/Bricklin meet in
2001.  He did not own a Bricklin then. We hit it off instantly.  His
first words to me were something about water leaks, and my retort was in
kind about the Delorean.  We knew a friendship had begun that would be
lifelong, because we both had the ability to laugh at ourselves, and our
rides, all the while respecting each other.

I have seen the car referred to below, and was offered the availability
to use its many good parts.  Les does not exaggerate with his
description of the severity of damage.  It is the worst Bricklin wreck I
have seen in my 30 years.  Having been in two accidents within the past
two years that  totaled both of the cars I was in I know precisely what
Les speaks of.  I am convinced that any lesser car than his Bricklin,
would have ended our active friendship.

Les is a tough ole X Marine who saw action at Iwo Gima during WW2 as a
teen.  Any of the Bricklin guys I know would have let the doctors have a
look after the wreck, and let the insurance pay for the trip, but Les
remembers that a Marine never goes to Sick Bay.  Never.

Ask any of the Bricklin shops, and they will confirm that the frame/bird
cage on the Bricklin is the best on the planet.  Les drives his
Bricklins alternately on a daily basis for pleasure, but will regale his
many buddies at the drop of a hat about its safety features and his
miraculous experience.

So, own a Bricklin and drive it for life!

John Martin
Chairman Emeritus