Re: Reproducing plastic parts

To: Isensee@aol.com, bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Reproducing plastic parts
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:14:31 EDT
Reproducing plastic parts is common to hobbies other than automobiles, so
there should be a body of knowledge for it.  I recall reading somewhere that
RTV
molds and casting in polyurethane gave good results for reproducing antique
radio knobs.  (It was here: http://www.stanwatkins.com/hals38.htm)

Many years ago I successfully made some small (non-Bricklin) parts with
liquid latex, plaster molds, and casting resin or Liquid Steel, but was
completely
"winging it."

Are you planning to make any Bricklin parts and if so, what?  If I can't
locate any Bricklin radio knobs, those might be a candidate.

George #220, 670