Re: roof trim panel restoration

To: tbar68@optonline.net, bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: roof trim panel restoration
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 12:03:21 EDT
You are right.  It probably not worth trying to restore the cardboard, except
as a temporary measure for the meet next week, and it has flattened out just
from wetting it slightly and weighting down it overnight.

I need to keep the original headliner material, but think it can be safely
peeled off and reapplied to something else.  Either a new piece of waterproof
cardboard (from an upholstery supplier) or plastic, fibreglass or metal as you
suggested.

If this were not a stock-class car, I would add soundproofing and adjust the
size of the template, fitting it closer to the door openings, and more likely
would take it to a professional interior shop.

George #670, 220

n a message dated 7/23/2005 8:05:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time,