Re: Rear Leaf Springs Replacement Part

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Leaf Springs Replacement Part
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:36:09 -0600
I made a trip to the local spring shop since they thought they could match
up the leaf spring.  So I managed to cut the bolt near the cockpit since it
was really stubborn.  Took the leaf spring down to them and they tried to
find a match. They could not locate one. They took measurements of 23 and 23
and then looked in their book. The Gremlin was the only one that matched.

I searched around on the net and JC Whitney had the part.  967559 LEAF
SPRING 4-LEAF 2 @ Total Price:$129.90 USD.  Here is the link to it directly
ZX967559TF

It qualified for their free shipping special.  The only bad thing was the
ship date. "Item will be shipped directly from vendor. Expected to ship on
03/19/2005".  I have a little rust proofing to do in that area any way so
this will give me time to do it right and not rush.  I hope I do not have to
remove these again.

I will update the group when they arriveon the size and fit.

Greg  0036