Gas Tank Fill Hose Leak Between tank and Filler Hose

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gas Tank Fill Hose Leak Between tank and Filler Hose
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 15:47:29 -0600
This could have been a problem before I removed the tank, but I am not sure.
Whenever I try to fill the tank it leaks at the connection of the rubber hose
and the tank, run across the tank on onto the floor which did not help the
paint job I put on the tank when I removed it.. I have ran most of the gas
out, dropped the tank down some and tried to make the connection from the hose
side and the tank side. I put a light near there and from the filling side of
the tank I am not seeing any light coming through.  There does not appear to
be enough hose or room at the tank connection to clamp where it will not leak.
Is there a way to address this?  If I purchase a new hose what would the size
be?  I am thinking about cutting through the back near the floor to get to the
connection from above since it is really hard to get to from below between the
tank and the muffler, there appears to be a wire running their to the license
plate lights.  I could be wrong, but there is not much room to see.  I would
prefer to not to have to cut into the floor to get access, but I am more
concerned about the leaking gas at this point.

Greg 0036