the forum

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: the forum
From: "Alan Coleman" <colemaal@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 06:22:54 +0000
This forum is a perfect place to discuss any BI issues or questions.  The
nice thing about this forum is that all input comes to a central point where
it is distributed to subscribers via email.  Everything comes to my email
address, then  I can read it, decide if I have anything worthwhile to
contribute and respond or not.  The number of people what we have on the
autox.team.net is not enough to overwhelm anyone with an enormous number of
emails.  If you want to go back through the archives and search for a
subject, you can do it.  There have also been some valuable contributions by
very knowlegeable people who did not own a Bricklin or were a member of BI.

Again, I appreciate the effort an thought that went into the updating of the
web page.  Please do not be offended by my feedback.  I agree with
restricting the parts list to members onlly.  The "new" BI forum would be
great if we had a large number of people (500+) on it and contributing,
creating a high volume of traffic.  With the new forum, you have to go in
and search each of the active areas to see if there is a subject or question
where you can contribute..  It is much easier and much less time consuming
to check your email.  There is also less chance of someone missing the
opportunity to provide some valuable information.

I had to chuckle to myself as I was searching through the Brickline for the
passwords.  It brought back childhood memories of using my Captain Midnight
magic decoder ring to translate weekly messages from the Captain.  Can the
site be set up so that an active BI member can log on with one user name and
one password?????

Parts info:

I got some new parts this past week and since I'm not sure who is managing
the parts list now, I will post them here and send them to John Blair as
well.

Spark Plug wire separators for AMC 360 ordered and  purchased this week from
  my local Jeep dealer are an exact match for the original equipment.

J3180107 - 4 required (valve covers and brackets)   $2.40 each
J3186116- 1 required (holds 4 plug wires  and coil wire)  $2.00

Alan Coleman
#246 (original owner)