Fiberglass repair

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Fiberglass repair
From: "ford_edge01@juno.com" <ford_edge01@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 20:48:53 GMT
     I have recently had enough time to work on #470 and have found a baseball
sized hole in the fiberglass floor pan where the seat once bolted to.  There
are also some stress fractures leading to the hole.  Obviously I need to patch
this, unless I want serious road rash, however, I've never messed with
fiberglass.  I was thinking of going to a marine supply store to look for a kit
with some simple instructions.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
     I also found that the metal plate on the outside that is epoxied to the
floor pan is rusted and hanging by one side, can anyone tell me if it is just
epoxied or is it also riveted?

Thanks,
Tim