Re: EEEEEEEEEEYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: EEEEEEEEEEYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From: "High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:23:00 -0500
> I bought two BRAND NEW Holleys, and I don't think either was more than
$200!
> (maybe even closer to $175).  There was no "core" requirement either, BTW.
> That was a few years ago, so they probably cost more now.
>
> 1.  The original rebuild link disappeared, but not before I snarfed it.
The
> pics and instructions can be found here:
> http://members.aol.com/glcurley/bricklin/model4300.html
>
> 4.  I don't remember the exact models, but all I asked for was a Holley
1850,
> 600cfm, with vacuum secondaries (per advice from TT).  The carb for #670
came
> without a choke, and I added a manual choke later.  The second carb is
> currently mounted on #220, but I haven't hooked it up and probably won't
(thinking
> of using a LS-1 engine with EFI instead).  It has an electric choke and
the box
> says: model 0-80457.
>
> Good luck.
>
> George Curley

Good catch George,  I'm glad some one saved it for posterity.
I prefer the edlebrock carb to holley, No gaskets below the fuel level means
no leaks. I have not yet put one on an amc so I cant say it is a Bolt on,
but it looks real close and all you may need is either the Chrysler linkage
adapter or just a ball stud adapter that may even be included. The edlebrock
carbs I have had were wonderful right out of the box and didn't need any
tuning or float settings to be done them.
Rick