EEEEEEEEEEYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: EEEEEEEEEEYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From: "Alan Coleman" <colemaal@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 17:53:56 +0000
Talk about discouraging!!  After posting a while back about the 4300 carb.,
I decided to go with a so called "professionally rebuilt" carburetor.  I
went down to the local Autozone and ordered a Champion rebuilt 4300 ($199
plus core).  When it arrived, I noticed that there was a piece missing and
unfiltered air could be sucked right into the carb.  I took it back and
decided to go with the Holley rebuilt for $229 plus core.  When the first
one came in 7 days later, I examined it and part of one of the primary jets
was missing.  OK, back to A.Z. to have them order another one.  The third
one came in and a piece of linkage was improperly attached on one side and
not attached at all on the other with no way to attach it. So back it went.
I asked about the  rebuild kit that that they sell.  It is $16 and only
includes gaskets, no other parts.  At this point, I don't know what to do.

Now for some more questions.

1.  I have some photos that were posted a while back with a link (that does
not work anymore) to notes on the rebuild process and on my last inquiry,
someone had posted  link that does work to those instructions.
Unfortunately, I deleted it when I thought I had a rebuilt purchased that
would work.  Could you please post that link again???

2.  Someone else had responded about the rebuild process and had mentioned
parts or 2 kits that were needed totaled around $100.  Could you please post
that info again??

3. Is the rebuild kit we have listed on the parts cross reference just
gaskets???

4. Does anyone know what the part number is for the Holley that will bolt
onto the 360 without any modification??

Thanks

Alan Coleman