Re: Air System Check Valve

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air System Check Valve
From: <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:39:11 -0500
> I'm thinking of putting a couple of check valves in the air lines.  One right
>after the compressor to keep pressure off of it and one after the oiler so I
>can refill it without loosing all the air in the system.
> The question is: What kind of check valve do I use and where can I find one?

Marvin,

I have my lubricator connected directly to my compressor,
then about 1' of air line and then a check valve.  I
purchased it from a local hydrolic supply place.  I can
email the part # this evening.  It's cylinderical, about
2" long.  Then I got "quick" disconnect fittings for both
ends.  Simply press the air line in and it locks.  Then
there is a ring around the air line, that you press to
release the air line.  Very neat, and no leaks!

Total cost of the check valve and 2 quick disconnect
fittings was about $23.