RE: Battery questions

To: "'GLCurley@aol.com'" <GLCurley@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Battery questions
From: "Fedeli, Joe (DSCP)" <Joe.Fedeli@dla.mil>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 06:45:05 -0500
Hi George!

    Yes, the correct battery is all black with the 2 set of vented caps
exiting through the bottom of the battery case.  Yes, I've seen some side
post (not screw in) batteries, which is why I referenced them.  According to
TT when I questioned him on this back in 1999, that is what he informed me
was the correct battery, even though he did not recommend it (only for as
delivered from the manufacturer which is what I wanted).  Additionally, I've
had my Bricklin to the only AACA meets and battery disconnects are an
allowed improvement (like seat belt additions to cars without them) if they
'look professional'.  I am not aware of any deduction to this 'option' for
BI judging needs, but my set-up allows easy removal of the disconnect.
Unfortunately, all the BI meets have been too far from me to attend, so I do
not have direct knowledge since around a 1987 judged BI meet with the
disconnect switch and no points deducted for me then.  An interesting point
I'm sure should be addressed by those in the BI judging committee for final
evaluations and approval to eliminate confusion.

Joe