Re: Bricklin and Delorean the same Lineage?

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bricklin and Delorean the same Lineage?
From: "cbl302" <cbl302@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 06:37:41 -0500
I hear you 100%,as I just recenty sold off the last of my Deloreans,and am
now "sticking" with Bricklins
The Delorean is better engineered,but has Poor wiring(Lucas and British
wiring,very crappy in those days) and has a problem with the frame  rusting
out(in all fairness so Does the Bricklin)But in the case of the Delorean,
the main cause of Frame rust,is the Exopy coating that was applied(to the
frame),is now old and cracks off in big chunks,thereby exposing,a mild steel
frame, that when exposed to the elements quickly rusts out.The Delorean in
itself has a very Ridgit Fiberglass body,that can do as good as a Bricklin
in a frontal or rear/side accident,so both are pretty good in that Sense.By
the way both came out as a "Safety Vehicle"  the Bricklin was a SV1 the
Delorean was a  DSV12(Delorean Safety Vehicle)  the 12 was supposed to be
for the starting price of $12,000.00 what the Bricklin went for when it last
sold(JZD later changed it to DMC).(is a patten starting to form yet?)
As for power/performance wise on the Delorean, JZD was working on that.
For the 1984 Model Delorean he was going to have a optional twin Turbo
model,(Legend InD).that would have outperformed any cars that the big three
had out at that time including the Corvette,Only one (vin #502 the second
car off the factory floor) was Built, before DMC went out of Business,any
other Deloreans with Turbos are aftermarket.
Actually the Delorean is a "fat" car as it is 78.3 inches wide 44.9 inches
tall and lenght is168 inches and curb weight was at 2840 LBS.

Claude
.