Re: his that for real

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: his that for real
From: "cbl302" <cbl302@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 01:48:43 -0500
The only True thing is that,John Delorean and Malcom Bricklin were
friends,and when the Bricklin was in the Clay Stage,JZD would stop in and
Chat with Mal Bricklin  about the Bricklin,(as the Bricklin orignally
started in Michigan)and in FACT Mal Bricklin asked John Delorean at one
point if he wanted to be his Operations Manager of the Bricklin Co.But JZD
HAD to refuse,because part of the clause in his Contract with GM stated that
he could NOT work for, or be in Charge of another Car manufaucturing
Company,for XXX years, BUT there was NO Clause for JZD to start his own Car
manufacturing Company.(That is what put the "seed" into JZD's mind to build
his own car)
.It is possible that some of the items on the Bricklin COULD have been JZD's
Suggestions.
But one THING is FOR sure THE Delorean was Copied/influenced by the
Bricklin,too many same things on both cars,As they both were/started as
Safety Vehicles,Both had Gullwing Doors,Both Came with "no paint" and
Fiberglass bodies, both had the same style Quarter windows with "louvers
style"designs on the front of the Q-panels,both had very absorbent front and
rear bumpers,  both even  had the muffler and outlets that were very
simular,plus both had Turbine style wheels,Both had Futureristic styling for
their time,both used tried and true,drivetrains from other manufactures.Both
were Built in areas of /countries of very low employment/or Monies paid by
the Respective Country..There are other items that  I  may not have
mentioned that were simular.
Both came out within seven years of each other.Basically Delorean was a
IMPROVENT upon the Bricklin.

Claude 1024/1136