strange air door behavior

To: "Bricklin List" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: strange air door behavior
From: "Roderick Keeler" <rkeeler@sierratel.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 16:19:03 -0800
Hi all,

My driver's side air door has been acting strangely, so I thought I'd see if
anyone had any ideas.

When I leave the car for more than a few minutes and press the up button on
the driver's side door, the locking solenoid will unlock the door but the up
air valve doesn't let air into the cylinder.  I know this because, as I'm
pressing the button, I can lift the door.

Okay, so maybe something is wrong with the up valve.  But here's where
things get strange.

If I open the passenger door, even with a brief touch of the switch (so it
only opens a couple of inches), then the driver's door operates as it
should.  This is always the fix; it has never failed.

So what's going on here?  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Rod