Re: We have it!]

To: "John Martin" <jwmartin37@tstonramp.com>
Subject: Re: We have it!]
From: "High Tech Coatings" <Htc@MNSi.Net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 05:02:41 -0400
First:
 anybody on the "net" that doesn't have an updated antivirus program is
asking for trouble. Just installing one is not enough, it MUST be updated
regularly,once a week at minimum, I do mine daily @ 3am automatically. also
your operating system must be regularly updated ( at windows update) to
close the holes that these virae use to enter your machine.

Second:
 your virus did not come from the list as such. the list server strips all
messages of attachments so it cannot propagate a virus. It may have come
from someone on the list, that like yourself was out there without
protection. these people that are out there without an updated anti virus
put us all at risk. I routinely get a dozen or so viral attachments daily.
I'm sure others that receive even more email than me get even more.
Third:
 rule #1 in email is never open an attachment that you are not expecting. no
ifs ands or buts.

safe computing,
Rick