Re: Canadian meet

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Canadian meet
From: "High Tech Coatings" <Htc@MNSi.Net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 09:40:22 -0400
As a Canadian Member from the same general area of the meet (30 miles away),
let me assure you that the whole sars thing has been sensationalized by the
media. there is no threat, extreme measures are being taken across the
country to make sure it does not spread. I have been to Toronto several
times since the supposed 'outbreak' ( limited to hospital staff and those in
direct contact with the original patient). sars has been controlled and was
thought to be eradicated from the country but there was ONE misdiagnosed
case that was not put in isolation in the hospital and was spread to some
workers in that ICU. extreme measures have now been taken so this does not
happen again. Toronto has a very large Asian population and is an
international hub, whereas Chatham has a grass landing strip out side of
town and a very, very small Asian population.

 You will find Chatham a nice small town similar to those through out the
mid west. it is full of friendly people, as is Most of Canada. For those
that want he "big city" Windsor and Detroit is only an hour away, for those
that like the small town atmosphere, you are there. I will be at the met on
Saturday only due to previous business commitments. I'm sure all that come
up north (we don't have snow this time of year), will be please with their
Canadian experience.
Rick, 2884, 2028, 0539