red vs orange

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: red vs orange
From: James R McClure <phoneman58@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 07:26:54 -0500
Hi everyone! I am the new owner (as of  04/12/03) of #2645. The VIN says
it's red, the former owner says it's red, but I say (and virtually
everyone who sees the car) says it's orange- about the shade of a
pumpkin. I've been told that's just the way it's supposed to be-for some
reason Bricklin Safety Red is appears orange, and for that matter,
Bricklin Safety Orange is really more like the color of a peach. Anyone
care to comment? Don't get me wrong, I actually love the "orange" color.
(was a perfect match to Hooters girls shorts, which I think helped me win
an award at their car show)  Just wondering has the car's finish faded or
been painted, or is it supposed to look orange?

Jim McClure, Houston, TX

PS Are there any owners in the Houston area interested in getting
together for a cruise or whatever?