Re: Anyones thoughts

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Anyones thoughts
From: "Brian Cochran" <bricklin2264@usa.com>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 15:13:06 -0500
Since the pictures didn't come through, I don't know how bad the car is, but my
feelings on the subject are the same as Chris, ALL of them are worth saving.
If it isn't worth it to you to restore it, PLEASE sell it to someone who will.
Believe me, there are those of us crazy enough (http://www.geocities.com/p5kr).
 But on the subject of a Bricklin convertible, I saw someone's attempt to make
one for sale last fall, and I think it just destroys the look of the car.
Plus, you lose a lot of the "WOW" factor that Bricklins have when you lose the
gullwing doors.  On another note, you have to remember that there are less than
2000 left, and there are less every year.  I personally think they are worth
restoring just for the historical value alone.  I think my biggest argument
against radical customizations is that they are usually to the owners taste.
The reason that's bad is because that person won't own the car forever.  Even
if they never sell it, everyone dies sometime.  Then the car is irreversibly
customized, and it's lost any historical value that collectors look for (I say
collectors, because I doubt anyone will be driving a Bricklin daily 100+ years
from now).  Anyway, those are my personal thoughts on the subject.  If you
-really- have your heart set on a Bricklin convertible, I will try to dig up
the info I have on the one that was for sale (if I still have it).  And I
apologize if I come across as mad or anything, because I'm not.  I'm just very
opinionated on this subject and have a lot to say.

P.S.  On the Bricklin Limo idea, I think if it could be done with reproduction
or custom parts and not destroy a real Bricklin or use any of the rarer factory
parts, then I think it would be interesting to see.

Brian Cochran
Bricklin 2264 & 2151
http://www.geocities.com/p5kr/index2.html