Re: throttle linkage cable ?

To: "Steve Owens" <go2toa@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: throttle linkage cable ?
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 19:00:55 -0500
At 10:32 PM 10/30/02 +0000, Steve Owens wrote:

>I'm trying to remove the throttle linkage cable and I'd much prefer to
>re-use it -- therefore I do not want to simply cut the cable.  The problem
>is that the attachments at the pedal and at the carb appear to be permanent
>assemblies.  Has anybody been able to get disconnect their cable intact?  If
>so, how did they do it?

Steve,

I don't know if the year makes a difference, but you can remove the throttle
cables with out any problems (at least on the 75s).  The carb side, there
is a ball and socket.

1. Simply pull the socket (the accelerator cable) from the ball (attached to
   the carb).  You may find that using a screwdriver to pry it off works
well.

2. There is a mounting bracket on the rear of the motor.  The accelerator
   cable has a square plastic part that slids into and clamps into the
mounting
   bracket.  Simply press the front tits of the accelerator cable clip and
   push back through the metal support bracket.

3. On the gas pedal the cable has a not at the end of the cable which holds
   a clip into the accelerator pedal.  Simply pull the cable back some into
   the cockpit and lift it out of the slot in the pedal assembly.