Re: Carb for 360

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb for 360
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 16:25:33 EDT
Alan,
You can of course rebuild the original carburettor although one could make a
case it was junk to begin with.  The replacement TT recommended was a 600 cfm
Holley with vacuum secondaries, model "1850".  Keeping the stock intake
retains more originality, whereas the carb change is not so obvious to
everyone.  When I last bought that carb it was a different model number (41xx
or something?) in the catalog I ordered from, but if you look for those
parameters it should be the same thing, since model numbers change over time.

It was cheap, around $120 (and the labor to install it was definitely less
than rebuilding the old one).  There is a choke kit or you can use a manual
choke.  I installed a manual choke, but it has been unnecessary and I may
remove it.  You will need a slightly longer air cleaner bolt.  Don't discard
the original carb.

George Curley #670, 220