RE: Engine swap

To: "'Riesinger, James A. DOC'" <James.Riesinger@doc.state.wi.us>,
Subject: RE: Engine swap
From: "George Schiro" <gschiro@lni.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 15:39:06 -0400
Yes,

I'm in the process of installing a 305 TPI and a 700R4 from a 86 Camaro.  No
problems so far, but I'm really at the beginning.  Current stage is sorting
out the motor mounts and trans mount.  Clearly a longer drive shaft is
needed.  I expect I will have to go with a distributorless ignition using a
crank trigger due to firewall interference.  Problems would be pretty much
the same for any Chevy SB.  I may keep the stock AMC 20 rear end.

George Schiro