RE: Engine swap

To: "'Robert Welsh'" <rwelsh@facilityrobotics.com>, <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Engine swap
From: "George Schiro" <gschiro@lni.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 22:04:25 -0400
Sure.  I plan to keep the whole group updated.  What setup are you thinking
about?  My Brick is a '74 and I have completely disassembled it so working
in the engine compartment is fairly easy.  If you go with a modern chevy
engine with TBI, TPi or SBI, be sure to get all the sensors and especially
the factory wiring harness.  There are a number of good references for
swapping in chevy small blocks, but the main thing to get is the factory
service manual for the year of the vehicle that is the donor if you go that
way.

I am currently taking the front suspension apart and contemplating whether
to scrap the old recirculating ball steering for a newer power rack and
pinion.  First I have to figure out how much room the Chevy block will
provide.

George