Re: Window tracks

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Window tracks
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 08:35:07 -0400
At 10:04 AM 5/26/02 -0500, David Peabody wrote:

>Has anyone figured out how to keep the windows on
>their tracks?
>
>I've had a major battle with mine and will only lower
>the windows half way. Each time they come off the
>track, I have to remove the interior panel to correct
>it. Has anyone found a way to close the ends of the
>track to keep the rollers in?

Dave,

  Congrads on fixing your horn and dash lights problems.

WRT your window problems.  Maybe I should have started with the obvious.
You say the window comes off the track.  So I'm assuming that your window
glass is staying attached to the horizontal metal track, and that the
roller mechanisms comes out of the U channels or the window comes out of
the outter frame.

The  74s have both ends of the window frame bolted via an "L" bracket to the
bottom of the door.  Make sure that both of the L brackets are connected to
the channel and the door.  I don't remember if they have fore and aft movement
or in and out.  But check that.

What I found on my car, when the windows kept coming out of the frame and off
the the track; was there is a adjustment for the rear guide rail (the short
one).  It can be moved up and down about 1" to 2".  When I played with this,
I found that it kept the window in the track.  Try moving it all the way up,
then all the way down.  See if that helps.  When you find the right direction,
you can them start fine adjusting it.  I believe mine had to be all the way
at one stop.  Can't remember which one.