Re: any farmers? or de-rusting experts?

To: "bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: any farmers? or de-rusting experts?
From: "High Tech Coatings" <htc@mnsi.com>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 05:07:22 -0400
>  My guess is your first
> couple sentences hit the nail on the head.  Yes, it is pressure and does
> have valves/controls all over it.  When I was a kid, I only remember
> pointing and shooting my dad's after filling sand and having compressor
get
> underway.

This is probably because your dad already spent the time to 'dial in' the
flow rate. Don't feel bad, this is a very common problem. The 'El-cheapo'
pressure pots tend to use a ball valve as flow control, this presents two
problems. First it is very hard to finely adjust it as a little movement
make a big change (90 degrees open to close) and second they are lined with
Teflon or plastic which doesn't stand up to abrasives so after a while it
will flow like wide open even when closed. If you plan on using this device
change the valve on the bottom to a gate valve. either a solid brass or
stainless. A gate valve looks like an old fashioned water tap with a handle
on the top that you turn to close the gate. do not use a water tap as the
rubber washer will erode quickly and water taps offer too much restriction.
when you look through a gate valve that is open you can see right through
it, as you turn the handle you can see a 'gate' come across the opening.
these offer superior control due to their typical 3-4 revolutions(1080-1440
degrees) open to close
Rick