Re: any farmers? or de-rusting experts?

To: "bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: any farmers? or de-rusting experts?
From: "High Tech Coatings" <htc@mnsi.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 04:13:40 -0400
If this is a pressure pot type of blaster the most probable problem is you
are either putting too much pressure in the tank or too much media out of
the tank. Either reduce the pressure to the tank so lees media is expelled
or close down the valve on the bottom of the tank to reduce the amount of
media coming out of the tank. if it doesn't have a valve at the bottom of
the tank to control media flow.....add one.Gate valves work better here than
ball valves as ball valve are typically Teflon lined and wear out in about 2
hours of use.
if it is a siphon type of blaster, you have to control the amount of media
entering the air flow, this is most easily dome by adding a 'vent' to the
suction hose. this will introduce some air into the system and reduce the
amount of media being accelerated. if you make the vent adjustable you can
tune the amount of media. and easy adjustable vent is a drilled hole with a
small hose clamp that can be slid along to open /cover the hole.
 For the media to work it has to impact at high speed, if you put  too much
media in the air flow it will not get accelerated enough and thus do little
or no work.
Rick