Re: AMC Rear

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: AMC Rear
From: "GM" <altec210@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:16:22 -0400
Don't know. All I know is my '75 doesn't have posi, nor any other stock 'B'
AFAIK.

Thomas M. Benvie (a dyed in the wool AMC guy) used to post on this list and
was a wealth of info. He posted this some years ago WRT third members:

"The Bricklin rearend is the same as any 8 cyl Rambler American (66-69), 8
cyl Hornet (70-77) 8 cyl Gremlin (72-76) 8 cyl Concord (78-9) and 8 cyl
Spirit (79).  The six cyl rearends will fit, but they are not heavy duty
and will not last.  Most of the above named cars did not come with a posi.
However, most Javelin/AMXs did, as well as Matador/Ambassador/Rebel.  The
center section of these cars are the same as the other ones.
Rebel/Matador?Ambassador used coli springs, and have much wider axles.
Javelin/AMX look the same, but are a few inches wider, again due to longer
axles.  There is an add in the AMX club for a rear disc brake kit to
convert these axles if anyone is interested."

Last known info I have:

Thomas M. Benvie
5 Sachem Rock Ave.
East Bridgewater, MA 02333
(508) 378-1423
mailto:tbenvie@bu.edu

AMC list he referred to:

mailto:amc-list@mcfeeley.cc.utexas.edu

If this doesn't pan out, search the web for other AMC sites/mailing lists.
"The truth is out there". ;^)

BTW, the tone and presumptuousness of your post leaves me wanting to let you
'find out the hard way'.

GM