Re: To modify or not...dave

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: To modify or not...dave
From: "CBL302" <CBL302@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 23:41:20 -0500
You hit it right on the nail!!! I have nothing against modifucations,if done
right with the right parts,
each to your own,after all it IS your car.My main point was just because Joe
Hotrod puts a 1000cfm carb.and a hot cam and headders,on his car,don't do it
to one up someone else,If you picked up a car,that otherwise would become
sombodies parts car and made a hotrod out of it,that is Better than it
becoming a parts car,But if you get a Cherry low mileage car,it would be a
shame to modify it,and ruin a nice car.I was NOT talking about
improvements,such as converting the orignal 1974 Distrubtors to pointless,or
impovements(fixes) in the suspension,or replacing the tires and wheels to
todays modern tires and wheels,and things like installing a better stereo
system,air doors, ect ect.BUT  doing major Hot Rodding TO A STOCK engine.The
easiest and BEST way would be TO pull out the orignal MOTOR(if it was a low
mileage GOOD motor)and even if it was not,and store it,and pick up a
HiPo,motor that was setup for High performance use,such as a motor out of a
mid 70's Mustang,or a motor from a specilty shop that deals in Ford
performance,this way if you get bored/tired of repairing/or just want to go
back to orignal,you still have the choice to return to orignal,my other
point is that we are dealing with a 25+ year old engines  and
drivetrains,Basically to modify such motors is the same as asking a 85 year
old to run a marathon.I have a high Regard towards the Bricklin car in
itself,and as such,tend to want to leave it stock,To try to preserve them as
much as possible.Because again once a car is modified,it tends to be abused,
(on the average)and quickly starts breaking down,and goes down hill after
that.

Claude
1024/1136
,