Re: To modify or not...dave

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: To modify or not...dave
From: "alphachi" <alphachi@writeme.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 20:32:46 -0500
Well, Dave sorry to waste your time, on the upper right of your keyboard is
a delete key ;o)

More to the point, Claude and I and others were discussing the pros and cons
of modifying any car, not just Bricks.  Other than some symantic issues and
some overgeneralizations, there is some agreement, and lots to learn for
some of us, maybe not you personally, but some others on the list, including
myself.  It certainly beats the dead air so often this list is so often
plagued by.

Argument is perhaps the best tool of teaching and learning, at least
Socrates thought so, and does not have to be personal or mean spirited.  But
perhaps you feel more like the aristocratic Aristotle, in that argument
belongs only to the chosen, and not the masses.

Claude made some excellent points about backyard mods to which I totally
agree.   My project was not a backyard mod.  I do not agree with Claude's
premise of generalities however.  If you can be satisfied with the stock
mechanicals and looks, then it would be unwise to fix what ain't broke.  I
agree wholeheartedly that much of this is about personal taste, and in fact
stated such earlier, it is about personal comfort, desires, and perceptions,
but there are some legitimate differences of positions and premise that
surely can be discussed, especially on this forum (not like we're taking
away from anything).

stephan #2821

///
///