door switch problem

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: door switch problem
From: "Roderick Keeler" <rkeeler@sierratel.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 18:50:42 -0800
Hi all,

I have a strange problem with my passenger door (I have air doors with the
original door latch solenoids).  The door opens and closes normally when the
interior switch is used.  When using the exterior switch, however, the door
does not unlatch, but the ram still tries to push the door up.  The really
strange thing is that if I use the exterior switch when the door is
partially open, I can hear the solenoid actuating.

I can't figure out why the solenoid actuates properly with the interior
switch but actuates improperly (or not strongly enough?) with the exterior
switch.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Rod