Re: Door questions

To: "Miedreich, John" <JohnM@onsitetrading.net>,
Subject: Re: Door questions
From: "Owen Evans" <tybach@adan.kingston.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 13:55:44 -0500
John, re: headers, the the 80's Mustang shorty header fits although it may
need slight adjustment to have reasonable clearance with the steering column
on one side and to give clearance with the the rear pivot flange of the
upper wishbone of the suspension on the other side. Actually, in the later
case I will grind a little off the pivot flange as it is easier because none
of the body is installed on my car.

While I'm here, I have a question. Recently there was a statement that a
Hornet rear sway bar would fit a Brick and improve the road holding. I am
not sure but I think it was in a message from John Blair. Does anyone have a
list of the donor cars from which a sway bar can be used? e.g. does the bar
from an Eagle 4WD wagon fit? Also, has anyone replaced the rear suspension
upper links with shocks like those on the Mustang diffs? I'm thinking of
doing this to retain the positive aspects of the links and avoiding the
binding problem.

Owen Evans