Re: more on twin elec fans--

To: alphachi@writeme.com
Subject: Re: more on twin elec fans--
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 22:51:38 EST
In a message dated 11/26/00 2:56:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
alphachi@writeme.com writes:

> TT based his opinion of elec fans based on a poor sample, a poorly fitted
>  single fan.

If you read the article, there is a picture of the unit he used, and it is in
fact a DUAL fan, Flex-a-Lite model 210 dual 12" fans, mounted behind the
radiator.  Not sure what you mean by "poorly fitted."  What model are you
using, and how are they mounted?

Sounds like maybe the difference is that he REPLACED the machanical fan and
you are using the electric fans IN ADDITION TO the mechanical.

> Not that the B is a knife in the wind to begin with

Interesting you should say that--and I am not disagreeing--but noting a quote
from the Motor Trend Corvette vs. Bricklin road test:  "The (Bricklin's) big
plus is aerodynamics. There is minimal wind resistance. It feels like it
could glide forever on a run down at the strip."   Afaik, no one has put a
Bricklin in a wind tunnel, but it would be interesting to see how it does
both in stock form and with a few obvious adjustments.

>  , but it may make matters even worse,
>  affecting performance and gas mileage in a nominal way.

VERY nominal, and unnoticeable as well.  (To make a comparison, you might
also consider the perfomance and gas mileage differences resulting from the
lower engine temperatures.)

Ah the joys of having 74s with no cooling problems!  :-)

George Curley