Need to clear things up about 75 AOD Conversion

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need to clear things up about 75 AOD Conversion
From: "alphachi" <alphachi@writeme.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 02:38:53 -0500
Ok, first, thanks to all the replies concerning this popular conversion.
Some questions still remain, so any  further enlightenment would be a real
help.  For now, I'm not changing the rear.
1) Ok it looks like a 88 AOD will do, but some mentioned the length or
mating to the stock drive shaft is NOT the same????

2) Keeping the stock rear, what about the speedo cable gear at the tranny?

3)  Pricing built up AODs with shift kits, valving, kevlar clutches, etc,
starts to get upwards of about $1,200-1,400 and several outfits offer these.
Any personal recommendations?  (HP output somewhere between 325 -400)

4) Finally,  the converter, some recommend  a higher stall speed, but I do
NOT want a pocket rocket, just a completely streetable car with some
cajones.  But some even suggest a mild increase to 2500 will make it even
more streetable.  How?  I haven't a clue...

clueless in the voter challenged state of Florida

stephan #2821