door question

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: door question
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 20:21:24 -0500
Hey gang,

  I've been out playing with putting all the guts back in the pass. door.
I've got a part I can't figure out.  I have VIN 887 - an early 75 if that
makes any difference.

  The parts maunal pg. GR16-L 2 shows the regulator & hardware.  There is
a horizontal bar that goes across the regulator scissors.  I believe that
is actually attached to the window glass.

  The part I can't figure out is a square C channel (17" long) like the
horizontal one, but, it has a slight curve,
                      1/8"
End view      |         |  3/8"

                  1"

About 3 1/2" from one end there is a mounting tab that is welded to the flat
bottom at about a 45deg angle, the other end has an elongated hole in it an
a 1/4 x 20 - 3/8" hex head bolt in it.

Anybody got any idea where and how this piece fits?

TIA