Re: bricklin parts uncovered/another story about long lost major items

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: bricklin parts uncovered/another story about long lost major items
From: "CBL302" <cbl302@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 19:08:02 -0500
This is a true Story

While working at Pratt&Whitney Engines(One of only two Jet Engine makers in
this country)their warehouses are so big that one day some workers clearing
out one of P&W's warehouses discovered a BRAND NEW never installed Wasp
engine( propeller engine) that was supposed to go on A Fighter Plane DURNING
World War 2, somehow,during the hey days ,of the 1940's rush to build
aircraft engines for the "war" it got misplaced,and put in storage,and
forgotten untill 1990,when the above crew were cleaning out,the
warehouse,and sitting in a dusty corner all crated and ready to ship,there
it was a Vintage World War 2 aircraft engine that never saw its destiny of
helping to fight the war, in world war 2,This aircraft engine sat in a dusty
warehouse for 46 plus years,until it was discovered,by that cleaning crew,(I
heard the story, and went in the department were they store jet engines,at
that plant,and was shown the above engine,so I know that the above story is
true) so that twenty five years is not,that unfeasable for Bricklin parts to
be "lost" in a warehouse.

Claude

Vin# 1024/1136