Re: AOD conversion

To: "Jim & Ginny" <jim-ginny@home.com>
Subject: Re: AOD conversion
From: "Peter Hermann" <hermann@muenster.de>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 13:43:33 +0100
This weekend I tried to exchange my transmission. I removed the body from
the chassis to sand the chassis and the metal strengthener under the body
and paint it with POR. A perfect moment to exchange the transmission. I
believed the article I found in Tech Central on the bricklin homepage and
ordered an AOD and a 9"-Ford rear axle to find out the AOD is about 5 cm
longer than the original transmission. It bolts right in to the engine but
it doesn´t fit to the bar which carrys the end of the transmission. The next
problem appears with the rear axle. The differential housing is bigger than
the one of the original. It doesn´t fit together - the propeller shaft has
to be exchanged,  too. You need one which is approx. 10 cm shorter.

Did I something wrong? Is the information in Tech Centr. not correct?

Peter