Re: Fw: fuel filter

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: fuel filter
From: "alfaki" <alfaki@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 21:39:04 -0400
Edward,
Where did you get the quote on the wheels.  I'm very interested in keeping
the OEMs, but would like to drive without feeling my teeth rattle.
Stephan #2821

PS on the fuel filter, both purolator and fram make good aftermarket items,
and should not present any significant fuel drop.  I like the P-unit because
is can act as a water separator, something not entirely unnecessary here in
sunny Miami, where rains can typically get into the holding tanks.  Both
units are designed for mechanical OEM fuel pumps and provide lots of
protection.  You should not require any other filtration with one of these
before the carb.  Would a filter be the cause of vapor lock, I doubt it.
The fuel line is subject to a lot of heat because of its location, but so is
the carb itself.  And as you know, the B gets very hot.   But if I
understand you correctly about not having any power for 15 minutes or so,
meaning cranking power, then your starter is overheating, another common
malady for the B.  While this will not stall the car once running, it does
indicate things are getting waaayy to hot under there.   hope this helps