'74 ALTERNATOR WIRING

To: "Bricklin" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: '74 ALTERNATOR WIRING
From: "bricklingeorge" <bricklingeorge@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 21:57:04 -0400
  Guys, I need a hand from anybody with a '74. When I pulled my engine out I
forgot to mark the wiring for the alternator on my '74. There are 4 wires
and 5 terminals on the alt. One is a no brainer as it is an "L" shaped
connector and only will go in one spot. The other wires are a red one with
an eyelet and a white or yellow one with a connector on it. What posts are
these 2 wires on? Also, there are 2 other wires that break out about 4"
before the alternator wires. What do these go to? These are NOT the 2 that
go to the oil pressure switch.  I can download a picture of the back of the
alt. if this will help. This'll learn me to do a '74 after doing four '75's.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
  George.

George J. Malaska, VIN#768.
Membership Director, Bricklin International
Elkhart, IN. 219-875-1270
bricklingeorge@msn.com.