Re: Fw: Stress cracks

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: Stress cracks
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 15:59:56 EDT
Serge,

You might want to consult more up-to-date sources than the original owner's
manual for repair and maintenance information.  Since they had not perfected
making the panels, I would not assume they had perfected repair techniques
either.--Just kidding  :-)

400 grit sounds a little rough to use on a "scratch."  maybe 600, 1000, or
1200.  If you fill in the stress crack without addressing what caused it, it
will just crack again.

About 3 years ago I had minor damage in an acrylic fender.  I asked Terry
about using some type of acrylic repair goop and he did not know of any (at
that time) that had been/could be used successfully on Bricklin.  I forgot
exactly what he said about that original acrylic filler goop.  It is an
intriguing idea though maybe someone will discover something.  I will talk to
my "Liquid Nails Source" about it.  (BTW-Terry did fix the fender
successfully.)

George Curley