gas struts

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: gas struts
From: WUZNTME2@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 14:34:40 EDT
I am really not too sure how you can check to see if they have gone bad.  My
original gas struts look pretty old, but seem to work OK.  I cant compress
them without placing A LOT of pressure on them.  They should last for a long
time, The only reason I replaces mine was because ALL of my pivot balls
broke, one got stuck inside the gas strut, I had to drill a small hole in the
back so  I could punch it out. So I figured I would just replace everything
and started to look for an alternative.  I think it really came to a money
thing. I could not see myself spend almost $200.00 to get these parts
replaced.

Mike