Re: INTERIOR PROBLEMS - ENGINE HOPPING

To: "Bricklist" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: INTERIOR PROBLEMS - ENGINE HOPPING
From: "Jeff Wood" <Cybertec@TheGrid.Net>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 11:38:35 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: Bob Miller <bricklinbob@hotmail.com>
To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, March 18, 2000 6:24 PM
Subject: INTERIOR PROBLEMS - ENGINE HOPPING

> Hey folks-
> I'm able to post now .. here comes a number of questions

Ain't 'puters wonderful when they work?  :)

> I just got my Heat Shield roll from JC Whitney...I Need to re-carpet and I
> read a while back that their was an article about it in Brickline...anyone
> got that they can e-mail?
> I'm a perpetual clutz and spill a gallon of coffee a month in my cars...I
> was thinking of covering the interior Floors in black rubber over the heat
> shield stuff...too weird? any ideas?

The only thing I would add is that there be a drian hole someplace.
Otherwise the liquid would just collect and cause mildew.  There were some
waterproofing ideas posted that sounded fine.

> I'm planning on having a local Mustang restorer/rodder put in '69-70 high
> compression heads w/big valves, and Edelbrock 4bbl, intake manifold, cam,
> and 5.0 headers...any advice I could pass along to help reduce the labor
> costs...yeah, yeah I know I'm not doing myself...god gives us all talents
> and wrench turning ain't mine...wish it was though he estimates $1500-
1800

Not mine either...I just do it for fun, not profit$.  But it's nice to
wrench on a car instead of mind-wrenching a computer...

> for the job in which he's gonna pull the engine and re-gasket the whole
> thing and clean off the smog stuff...Bought my Brick in LA and am now in
> Arkansas where they don't give a shit about that...(no smog tests
yet..hell
> the local politicos just nixed even having a safety inspection..Stupid!) I
> thought I'd get in the engine compartment while its out and paint and
> insulate..

Not alot of smog stuff anyway, as I understand it, but do save to stuff you
pull off.  Never know when the agents of doom and despare will come to make
you smog your Brick.

> Some of you offered advice on my doors...the interior switches allow up
but
> no down...One piece was to recondition the solenoids in the air door
> panel...could you explain that to me a little s-l-o-w-l-y and in
> depth...yeah you guessed it..I am blond
>
> I guess that's enough for now...
> thanx...it's been great reading yall's postings for the last couple of
> months...hope to contribute in anyway I can
> Bob at bobworld@earthlink.net
> and now bricklinbob@hotmail.com
> 75 Bricklin
>
> ps...can you post pictures on the bricklist? is there a mega byte limit?

Have them sent to you personally, not on the list.  And while we're on the
subject...

Anyone that wants to send me some brick-pics can send them to
cybertec@DSLink.net and I'll start putting together a web-page or 10.  My
DSL line and Linux server need something to do.  :)