Re: Seat Height

To: <Isensee@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Seat Height
From: "alfaki" <alfaki@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 14:25:01 -0500
> If I remember correctly, I removed some spacers under the seat adjusters a
> few years ago so the clearance measurements above may be a bit more than
the
> way it came from the factory. I am 6 feet tall and my hair brushes the
> ceiling. The Bricklin has less headroom than most cars.
> Scott Isensee

If you adjust the tilt of the seat [towards the back] by actually placing
spacers in the front while removing spacers in the rear, you will gain even
more headroom and some thigh support.  TT and I messed with my seats for a
while before this solution was fine tuned.  He couldn't believe how much the
seat was lowered.  NO MORE HEAD BUMPS EVEN ON ROUGH TERRAIN!!!!!
You can also remove the track completely but this is actually more involved
and less advantageous.  Finally, for more legroom and better pedal alignment
you can remove the gas pedal assembly, remove the angle of the steel down
rod, remove the bottom of the pedal following the partition in the back,
then re-attach the pedal using two fasteners following the vertical
alignment partition on the rear of the pedal to the downrod.  Then reattach
the assembly as before.  This moves the pedal back about 2", maintaining the
exact same angle and travel, but without the pivot.  A very sure pedal feel,
lot's of legroom,  and I no longer accidentally hit the gas when I'm braking
{fat feet}.   The other cool thing about it is it looks quite OEM.
stephan #2821