Re: Power Windows

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Power Windows
From: "Riley Marquis III" <rileym3@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 08:02:14 PST
I have the regulator out of my driver's side door and was considering
installing a power window system that's quite different than what's used
traditionally.

Option 1
Use a pair of "screw drive" cylinders that are electrically operated.

Option 2
Use air cylinders.

The idea here is to use a more direct way to open and close the windows and
eliminate the factory window crank mechanism altogether.

If anyone has tried something similar, let me know.
Also, if there are any ideas that might help this work, I'd love to hear
them.

If we are going to use power windows, they must be able to push the window
through an arc like Kim said.  I hope I'm on the right track (pardon the
pun).

BTW, why is it that power windows always fail right after you roll the
window down(esp. the driver's side)?
Riley F. Marquis III