Re: 4-speed configuration 'bad marks'

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 4-speed configuration 'bad marks'
From: Lbc302@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 17:49:44 EDT
In a message dated 10/29/99 8:25:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
paa5072@dscp.dla.mil writes:

<< We 4-speeders are probably a small group, I've heard different
 production quantities of 4-speed production from 175 units down to 65 units.
 Does anyone know of a correct production count in the club?  Also, what is
 "axle wind-up" you are referring to in '74 4-speeds?         >>

As far as I know,and I have owned bricklins since 1980,the official count is
approx.
75 cars were built in 1974 with manual trans.Unless someone has VIN numbers
of
actual factory records that show more than 75 built then the record of
standard shift cars still stands at what has been the norm since the factory
closed in 1975.

Claude
1024/1136