RE: 4-speed configuration 'bad marks'

To: "'GLCurley@aol.com'" <GLCurley@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: 4-speed configuration 'bad marks'
From: "Fedeli, Joe" <paa5072@dscp.dla.mil>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 08:23:27 -0400
Dear George,

        I agree...'both' referring to 4-speeds and automatics for '74
production year (I'm not aware of any 5-speed conversions out there, are
there any or 4-speed automatics retrofits for '74's or '75's?).  The pedal
placement of 4-speeds is not ergonomically correct for shorter drivers I
believe, and the heavy clutch does 'wear on you' over time.  I was not aware
of the entire context in the original statement (e.g. no '75 4-speeds) you
were referring too, only the 'bad marks' portion.
        We 4-speeders are probably a small group, I've heard different
production quantities of 4-speed production from 175 units down to 65 units.
Does anyone know of a correct production count in the club?  Also, what is
"axel wind-up" you are referring to in '74 4-speeds?