Fw: Floor pan question

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Floor pan question
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 20:57:22 -0400
Don't have the carpet out, plus I have the full size console, so I can't
tell from the top. From the bottom, there's the large weldnuts, or rather
regular nuts that are welded on, for the harness on each side. On the
driver's side of the emergency brake opening are two weldnuts, I assume to
attach it. On the opposite side are two rivet sized holes with what looks
like just rivet tubes in them. Locating pins, maybe? There aren't any other
holes in the plate, except the one I drilled at the top rear for the
console. Mine is glued to top of the tunnel, but not elsewhere, as best I
can tell.

One thing I don't recall noticing before, is that since the metal brace
tapers in, the emergency brake cables drag the plate when being engaged. You
may want to scallop the plate some to clear them, as I doubt the retaining
brackets further back can be bent enough to clear. Then again, it may just
be my car.

GM